- The single shot cinematography. When the characters look at the camera and talk, making their confessions and judgments, it's like they are talking to me. Like it's our little inside joke. These are my friends and frenemies.
- I've worked in a lot of offices with a lot of characters. I know these people. I've worked with a Michael and a Pam and a Dwight. It's really just a microcosm of the world in general, encapsulating real characteristics into a colorful ensemble.
- The characters are also a conglomerate of me. I often fail at my attempts to make people laugh like Michael. I have Jim's sense of humor and prankiness. I obsess about certain things like Dwight. I judge like Angela. I am uncertain about myself like Pam. I can be just as raunchy as Meredith. I love to be left alone with my puzzles like Stanley. I have Phyllis' matronly qualities. I fancy myself as knowledgeable as Oscar, but really I'm usually as simple as Kevin. I can talk just as much and say just as little as Kelly. I want to take Toby home and love him.
- Jim and Pam. This is quite possibly the most intense love story in the history of television. There is such overpowering chemistry between them. I would love just once in my life for someone to look at me and give a total and an uninhibited declaration of love without opening his mouth as Jim does to Pam. Every time he does that, I cry tears of hope.
- It took nine seasons, but there was resolution. That's the life is. It's not always wrapped up in 30 minutes. In the end, Jim and Pam were happily married. Michael got his family. Dwight got his. Erin found her parents. Andy got back to Cornell. Ryan and Kelly . . . well . . .
- It must have TOUCHED a lot of people because it was so BIG in the ratings.
- That's what she said.
I'm a self-confessed Office junkie. I actually watch at least one episode daily. I've watched the entire series too many times to count. Here's why:
Becky Lyn Rickman
Mom of many, servant to my cats, Cary Grant's other girlfriend (still trying to work out the logistics of that one).